Sunday, July 20, 2008

Big Water, Little Crab


It has rained every day for the last 2 months at the park site -- I'm sure that this comes as no surprise, since it's in a mountain jungle that is cooled by the Trade Winds of the Gulf of Mexico. I created this map that dispays Palenque's geographic position in relation to the Gulf and the large limestone escarpment that sits directly behind it.


The site experiences tremendous erosional processes during the events. This is a picture that I snapped of Group C today. Water pours across and over everything, even though many modern efforts has been used to try to channelize it.
Tthe Murcielagos (meaning bats) Group is also heavy soaked.



To my surprise and delight, I came across this little guy trying to cross the walkway and make his way down to one of the cascades. Obviously in a defensive posture...

No comments: